Humiliation can be very sexy and enjoyable in BDSM context. There are a multitude of different types of play intended to make the partners experience the pleasure of being humiliated or being the one who humiliates.
Often humiliation becomes a source of erotic satisfaction to those partners who know each other quite good as these types of play are intimate. It is important to note that what one submissive will find highly arousing, another would consider unpleasant. That's why it is worth discussing the likes and dislikes and possible limits beforehand.
For a submissive partner the pleasure of humiliation is derived through the feeling of freeing from inhibitions. During the scene the submissive can face the dark side of her nature and through humiliation one experiences a psychological release.
For a submissive, an humiliation gives an opportunity to relieve of the burden of the social role he or she plays in everyday life. The submissive may no longer feel responsible for anything as the Dominant is in control of all of her actions.
For a dominant partner, humiliation is a way to experience the heights of his power and control. A dominant becomes an owner of the submissive, when he is the one to decide what a submissive should do, how she should respond and express her submission.
- There are many ways to make humiliation a part of the the play session. One of the most common types of play is turning a person into a pet, like a dog or a pony. A Dominant can order his pet to crawl on the floor, to eat the food from the bowl just like dogs do and attach a collar to her neck to follow her master.
- Exposing sub's body parts for inspection is another arousing activity for humiliation play. You can tie up the submissive and use various sex toys or other objects to make your submissive feel used.
- Humiliation often involves the verbal expression, like calling a submissive by various pet names like a "dog "or "pet", or names like "slut", "faggot", "bitch". Indeed, verbal humiliation is very powerful and can bring intense sensations for both the submissive and the Dominant.
- A Dominant can use his power to limit his submissive's needs, for example, requiring the submissive to ask for permission to eat or to go to the toilet. Those submissives who want to experience something more may derive pleasure if their Dominant will ejaculate, spit or urinate on them. The humiliation feels more intense when one of these actions is done on the submissive's face.
- Another common play is called foot stool, when a submissive plays the role of the stool to rest the Dominant's feet on it. Being the object of his dom, a submissive is absolutely helpless and vulnerable. Frequently, the head and limbs of the submissive may be restricted using bondage devices, blindfolders, gags and other toys that will make the submissive an object and deprive her from any sensations.
- Some doms like to use orgasm denial for humiliation, in which the submissive is not allowed to experience pleasure until the Dominant gives the appropriate permission. A Dominant might ask his submissive to masturbate in front of him ultimately denying, or delaying the submissives permission to orgasm.